myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Rafa Pérez <raja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trinidad:Skins
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:23:35 GMT
Hi,

DISABLE_CONTENT_COMPRESSION is useful to figure out what styles are apllied
to the components, but you should not use the parsed CSS classes to design
your skin, because turning on/off this feature causes the final CSS classes
to change. You should always use Trinidad selectors.

E.g., if you want to apply a differente font color style to a
tr:commandButton, then you should write in your skin's CSS:

af|commandButton {
  color: red;
}

instead of (CSS style applied with DISABEL_CONTENT_COMPRESSION=true):
.af_commandButton {
  color: red;
}

or (CSS style applied with DISABEL_CONTENT_COMPRESSION=false)
.xb3 {
  color: red;
}

Please, take a look here
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/skin-selectors.html and here
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/skinning.html for more
information about skinning.

HTH,

-- Rafa

PS: DISABEL_CONTENT_COMPRESSION should be turned off in production sites, to
make the CSS lighter.