myfaces-users mailing list archives

From s.pen...@lombardodier.com
Subject Re: Trouble upgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.7
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:48:13 GMT
Hello,

My guess is that the problem is more general than just a javascript issue.

In my previous message, I gave the "form submit" situation only as an
example. The problem actually touches more than just this: I cannot sort
my table content by clicking on one column header, I cannot switch from a
StackPanel to another, etc...

By searching a little bit further, I found out that the values that I used
in combo boxes to show a "greater or smaller" choice (for example, age
greater or smaller than 30) are not bound to their java counterpart
anymore. For example:

<ice:selectOneMenu value="#{someController.filter.ageOperator}" id=
"ageOperator">
  <f:selectItem itemValue="1" itemLabel="#{msg.search_filter_greater}" />
  <f:selectItem itemValue="-1" itemLabel="#{msg.search_filter_less}" />
</ice:selectOneMenu>

This menu was bound to a Java integer as follows:

private int ageOperator;

With 1.1.7, the value is not bound anymore. I needed to change the type of
the attribute in my Java class to String for the binding to work again. Is
there a special converter that I should add, which was not needed in 1.1.2
? I can assure you that this runs fine with 1.1.2 :-)

I am fairly new to MyFaces. Is there something I should do to make the
upgrade easier?

Thanks a lot for your help :-)

S├ębastien

Jakob Korherr <jakob.korherr@gmail.com>
Sent by: sethfromaustria@gmail.com

01.03.2010 12:25
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>

MyFaces Discussion <users@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Trouble upgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.7

Hi,

Maybe there's a problem with the javascript that submits the form. I saw
However this is just a shot in the blue...

Regards,
Jakob

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10600&fixfor=12312310&sorter/field=summary&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=resolution&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=status&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC