myfaces-users mailing list archives

From schneidc <simon.w...@gmx.de>
Subject [TRINIDAD] Issue with Trinidad's javascript and UTF-8
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:37:22 GMT

Hi,

some days ago I made a posting about a problem with umlauts. I the meantime
I made some progress in fixing the issue (at least sort of) and decided to
start a new topic as in my eyes this is a different case.

The problem with the umlauts or UTF-8 is caused by the javascript when using
PPR. If I disable PPR, enter the text "Böhm" in an input field, the actual
POST message contains "B%C3%B6mh", the UTF-8 encoding of "ö". When I enable
PPR, the transmitted value is actually "Böhm" , so no UTF-8 encoding here
and the server doesn't know how to handle it.

I wrote a little javascript function which replaces "ö" with the
corresponding encodings so that the transmitted string looks like "Böhm"
and voila, the according string on the server side does indeed contain the
value "Böhm".

So my guess is, that the javascript library which comes with Trinidad
doesn't recognize, that the page encoding is set to UTF-8 and therefore
sends the string as entered in the input box and doesn't do any conversion
where neccessary. Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?

Cheers Simon