myfaces-users mailing list archives

From laredotornado <laredotorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible to distinguish dates that don't exist from badly formatted ones?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 16:12:10 GMT

Hi,

I'm using MyFaces 1.1.5 with Tomahawk 1.1.7.  I have this date input field
on my JSF page ...

        <h:inputText id="Start_Date" size="10" maxlength="10"
value="#{InvoicingReportController.startDate}"
                     required="true"
validator="#{InvoicingReportController.validateDate}">
          <f:validateLength minimum="10"/>
          <f:convertDateTime timeZone="America/Denver" pattern="MM/dd/yyyy"
type="date"/>
        </h:inputText>

and this message in my resource bundle ...

javax.faces.convert.DateTimeConverter.CONVERSION_detail= Please enter only
numbers and \'/\' in MM/DD/YYYY format in the Date field

When I type a date that doesn't exist, e.g. "02/30/2010", even though the
date is in the proper format, I get the conversion error message above.  How
can I configure my text field so that a different error message is displayed
for dates that don't exist?

Thanks, - Dave