myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Rafa PĂ©rez <raja...@gmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad 1.0.11] Skinning: "extends" is not working (or at least, not fully)
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:18:20 GMT
Hi all,

I have been reading about the extending facilities for skinning in Trinidad.
I have created one skin as basis and then have created another one just to
override a couple of styles. My configuration is as follows:

- In trinidad-config.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<trinidad-config xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/config">
    <skin-family>skin_extended</skin-family>
    <accessibility-mode>inaccessible</accessibility-mode>
</trinidad-config>

- In trinidad-skins.xml:
<skins xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/skin">
    <skin>
        <id>skin_base.desktop</id>
        <family>skin_base</family>
        <render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop</render-kit-id>
    </skin>
    <skin>
        <id>skin_extended.desktop</id>
        <family>skin_extended</family>
        <render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop</render-kit-id>
        <extends>skin_base.desktop</extends>
    </skin>
</skins>

The fact is that the styles seems to be merged in the generated CSS file,
but aren't applied to the page. It's quite weird, because in firebug's CSS
tab you cannot see all the styles that are present in the generated CSS
file.

Am I misunderstanding anything? Is it possible that the generated CSS file
is wrong at any point and the browser does not parse it right?

Regards,

-- Rafa