myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject SelectItem containing Integer question
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 13:07:15 GMT
Hi!

I'm currently using Mojarra-2.0.1 and MyFaces-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT in parallel, testing out a few
things.

One of the compatibility problems I got was with using

in my backing bean:

public SelectItem[] getRooms() {
  ..
  item[i] = new SelectItem( roomIntegerId, roomName );
  ..
}

for MyFaces, I need to use
public void setSelectedRooms(List<Integer> selectedRooms) {
  ..
}

whereas for Mojarra, I need to use
public void setSelectedRooms(List<String> selectedRooms) {
  ..
}

otherwise I get a ClassCastException.

Which implementation is doing it correct and which one is wrong?

>From looking at Suns SelectItem 2.0 JavaDoc,

> Object getValue()
> Return the value of this item, to be delivered to the model if this item
> is selected by the user.

I'd say MyFaces is doing it right (SelectItem would not have an Object but a String parameter
otherwise ...)
But I'm not sure since mojarra is still the RI.

txs and LieGrue,
strub