myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Madhav Bhargava <Madhav_Bharg...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: FacesMessage with severity ERROR do not prevent calling an action method
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:50:34 GMT
Hi Volkar,

Thanks for your response. I will add that to the method so that it does not have to be explicitly
done by the developers in their action methods.

>From: weber.volker@googlemail.com [mailto:weber.volker@googlemail.com] On Behalf Of Volker
Weber

2010/1/20 Madhav Bhargava <Madhav_Bhargava@infosys.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am using myfaces 1.1, icefaces 1.8.1 on WAS 6.0
>
> The controller (backing bean) action methods handle RuntimeException from the service
layer. Depending on the exception an exception handler will put an appropriate message into
FacesContext.
> For that I have created a utility method:
>
> public static void putMessage(String key, Severity severity,
>                                String summary, String detail) {
>                FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().addMessage(key,
>                                                new FacesMessage(severity,
summary, detail));
> }
>
> In the controller this method is used to put messages. When the page is displayed the
messages appear properly. However when a user clicks on a commandButton then the control goes
to the action method bound to the commandButton. This should not happen because there are
FacesMessages with FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR. I checked immediate="true" has not been set
on the commandButton component.

> Is my understanding not correct that if there are FacesMessages with Severity = SEVERITY_ERROR
in the FacesContext then the invoke application phase will not happen and the control would
come back to the current page in error?

> Regards,
> Madhav

> Infosys e-mail system.

inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
Bismarckstraße 13      | 26122 Oldenburg
Tel.: +49 441 4082 356 |
FAX:  +49 441 4082 355 | www.inexso.de