myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jakob Korherr <jakob.korh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Servlets return 404 after update to 1.2
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:00:33 GMT
Hi Michael,

Your problem is the following line:

// set a new viewRoot, otherwise context.getViewRoot returns null
UIViewRoot view =
facesContext.getApplication().getViewHandler().createView(facesContext, "");

In this line the current view handler trys to build the view "", which, of
course, does not exist and so the view handler sends a 404 not found.
To fix this problem just remove the code that sets the UIViewRoot in the
FacesContext (if you don't need it) or replace it with:

facesContext.setViewRoot(new UIViewRoot());

This should work for you!

Regards,
Jakob