myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jan Baudisch <jan.baudi...@gmx.net>
Subject 100% CPU Usage and blocking concurrent Threads when using t:saveState
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:01:32 GMT
Hello MyFaces Community,

we are using MyFaces 1.2.0 with Tomahawk Sandbox  1.1.5 and have the problem, that once in
a while we get 100% CPU Usage and blocking concurrent threads because of using t:saveState

A thread dump shows that the threads always stops at

        at java.util.TreeMap.put(TreeMap.java:545)
        at org.apache.myfaces.custom.redirectTracker.RedirectTrackerManager.addSaveStateBean(RedirectTrackerManager.java:306)
        at org.apache.myfaces.custom.redirectTracker.RedirectTrackerVariableResolver.resolveVariable(RedirectTrackerVariableResolver.java:50)

(The complete thread dump is attached). The problem shows up on one system with heavy concurrent
usage and JxBrowser as client.

After we kill these threads using Lambda Probe, the CPU Usage normalizes.

The problem occurs in that method:

    public void addSaveStateBean(String expressionString, Object value)
    {
        if(log.isDebugEnabled())
            log.debug("addSaveStateBean: " + expressionString + " value=" + value);
        requestBeanMap.put(expressionString, value);
    }
    private final Map requestBeanMap = new TreeMap(); ...

As the problem is really severe for us, any hints are highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
-- Jan