myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Julián Osorio Amaya EuphoriaIT <joso...@euphoriait.com>
Subject Re: How do I change the value of a selectOneMenu on the fly
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:29:13 GMT
laredotornado escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using MyFaces 1.1.6 and Tomahawk 1.1.9.  I have this selectOneMenu ...
>
> 			  	<h:selectOneMenu required="true"
> validator="#{historicalTour.validateTime}" styleClass="hourMenu"
> id="historicalTour1st_Preference_Hour"
> value="#{historicalTour.prefs[0].time}">
> 			    	<f:selectItems value="#{historicalTour.timePrefItems}"/>
> 			  	</h:selectOneMenu>
>
> When another text field on the page changes value, I would like to
> re-populate the select menu with new options.  I have discovered I just
> can't simply do that with Javascript, because when I submit the form I get a
>
> "Value is not a valid option"
>
> error.  Any ideas how I can change my select menu options and keep JSF
> happy?
>
> Thanks, - Dave

You can use a Value Change Listener in your text field like this
<h:inputText valueChangeListener="#{BackingBean.methodName}"
onchange="submit()" />

in your backing bean

public BackingBean implements ValueChangeListener {
     public void processValueChange(ValueChangeEvent valueChangeEvent) {
    }

    public void methodName(ValueChangeEvent vce) {
       //change your select menu options
    }
}

--
<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'UTF-8'?>
<firma>