myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Radhesh Radhakrishnan" <Radhesh.Radhakrish...@MSCsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Only want to validate a text field if checkbox is checked ... how?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:28:32 GMT
You can use a custom phase listener trick (See the attached file)
An f:param can be used to send the "enable / disable validation" flag.

Thank you,
Radhesh

-----Original Message-----
From: laredotornado [mailto:laredotornado@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:27 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Only want to validate a text field if checkbox is checked ...
how?

Hi,

I'm using MyFaces 1.2.4, Tomahawk 1.1.9.  How do I tell JSF that I only
want
to apply a validator to a text field if a checkbox on the page is
checked?
Right now I have this text field ...

<h:inputText id="domeTourNumAdults" value="#{domeTour.numAdults}"
                                            required="true"
                                            size="60"
                                            maxlength="60"
                                            styleClass="textFields
numAdultsField">
               	<f:validateLongRange minimum="0"/>
</h:inputText>

but if a certain checkbox is not checked, I don't care if this field is
left
blank.  Your thoughts are appreciated, - Dave