myfaces-users mailing list archives

From laredotornado <laredotorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible to force bean to load into session at session start up?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:04:51 GMT

Hi,

I'm using MyFaces 1.1.6.  I have this declaration in my faces-config.xml
file ...

  <managed-bean>
    <managed-bean-name>emailController</managed-bean-name>
    <managed-bean-class>
    	myco.util.jsf.controller.EmailController
    </managed-bean-class>
    <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
    <managed-property>
      <property-name>mailSession</property-name>
      <property-class>java.lang.String</property-class>
      <value>java:comp/env/mail/session</value>
    </managed-property>
   </managed-bean>

What I am noticing, though, is that the bean is not actually placed into the
session until I visit a JSF page that references the bean, like

<h:inputHidden value="#{emailController.field1}" />

I'm in a situation where I need to access the bean in a controller before I
visit a page that references it.  Does anyone know how to tell MyFaces/JSF
to load the bean when the session starts?

Thanks for all your help, - Dave