myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jim the Standing Bear <standingb...@gmail.com>
Subject is there an absolute max file upload size?
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:14:47 GMT
Hello,

I am wondering if there is an absolute max file upload size that if
the file I want to upload exceeds that size, it won't work even if the
maxFileUploadSize in web.xml is set much higher?  If so, what is it?

Because I am trying to upload a 3GB file using the inputFileUpload
control, and web.xml has set the maxFileUploadSize to 5g.  But nothing
happens after I clicked the submit button - it didn't even attempt to
upload the file.  Normally if I am trying to upload a file that
exceeds the max size, it will take some time to suck the bitstream to
the server and then rerender the page; but in my situation, it seemed
to simply give up without even sucking the bitstream first.

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Jim