myfaces-users mailing list archives

From JeroenM <jeroenmeijer8...@hotmail.com>
Subject tr:chooseDate date format different then DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(DateFormat.SHORT
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 07:30:57 GMT

Hi Friends,

I'm having trouble with the tr:chooseDate component. For some reason the
component returns a different format (MM/dd/yyyy) than the default format
defined by my regional settings (dd-mm-yyyy).

If I test the format with code like

String today = DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(DateFormat.SHORT,
DateFormat.SHORT).format(date);
System.out.println("Today " + today);

The result is correct, however the calendar control gives me an (mm/dd/yyyy)
notation. Is there any way to override / correct this?