myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Francisco Mardones <franci...@mardonet.com>
Subject [trinidad] problem submitting forms in limited mobile browsers
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:41:07 GMT
Hi,

I'm facing problems to post forms in Basic XHTML browsers (modern
blackberries and desktop browsers work fine).

I noticed form submission invokes a javascript function, even though
according the docs I should NOT get any javascript:

-----------start snippet-----------------
"...it supports mobile browsers that support Basic XHTML or XHTML Mobile
Profile. WAP 2.0 phone browsers are included in this category. Because of
the hardware performance limitation, Trinidad does not download or use
JavaScript library on such devices.

The following list shows the examples of Basic XHTML mobile browsers.

(snip)

   - RIM BlackBerry Browser 4.2 ~ 4.5"

-----------end snippet-----------------

I can see the generated code isn't xhtml, and also I see a lot of javascript
(and particularly to submit the form, using "onclick" event), so I'm
suspecting Trinidad is not detecting properly which browser is accessing.
The User Agent for the mobile is "BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0
Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103"

My questions are:
1) How I can debug which browser is detecting?
2) Is there any way to enforce code generation to basic xhtml?
3) Can I extend and/or add a new 'renderer' profile in Trinidad? (notice my
browser is 4.1, and the doc says at least support 4.2 and above, so maybe is
defaulting wrongly given mine is older...) (as you can imagine after long
tests now I'm facing the "wild guessing" phase :P )

Many Thanks
Francisco