myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Richard Yee <richard.k....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shortcuts for Links and Buttons
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:14:40 GMT
The MyFaces Trinidad tr:commandButton and tr:commandLink tags (as well
as most of the other tags) support the accesskey attribute for this
purpose. This is the description in the tag documentation, "Character
used to gain quick access to this link. For accessibility reasons,
this functionality is not supported in screen reader mode. If the same
access key appears in multiple input fields in the same page of
output, the rendering user agent will cycle among the elements
accessed by the similar keys. Note that user agents are inconsistent
about dealing with two links having same access key, and so the
cycling behavior is dependent on what the user agent provides.
This attribute is sometimes referred to as the "mnemonic".
The character specified by this attribute must exist in the Text
attribute of this Link instance. If it does not, the user will receive
no visual indication of the existence of the accessKey."

-Richard