myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: problems with dataScroller
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:04:38 GMT
Werner Punz schrieb:
> David Gampe schrieb:
>> Hello Werner,
>>
>> i worked yesterday on it and solved it.
>> I had to modify an existing dataScroller.
>> After i created it from scratch it worked NEARLY good...
>>
>> ..but now i have another problem.
>> I have some category sites, which use my dataScroller.
>> If i got to page 3 (for example) in one category and i go to another
>> category i get no
>> result, because there is maybe only one page.
>>
>> The current page must be saved in the session. But how can i set my
>> dataScroller
>> for example to request scope or something like that?
>>
>> So that i start from page every time i change the category (or no post
>> vars
>> for the dataScroller are given)
>>
> you can reset the datascroller once you change categories for instance :-)
> I assume the category change is done via command links, isnĀ“t it?
> Actions can do that or actionListeners!

Besides that if you change the categories via different pages, there is
no need to session the data, t:saveState can keep your valid data in a
flash scope like manner by saving and restoring it from the lifecycle,
so the data is always available as long as you hit a page which uses
t:saveState on your bean.

Werner