myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Victor H De la Luz <itz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues with JSF
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:26:26 GMT
Saludos!

I had similar problem, but finally I found that was design problem.

I was creating a lot of session beans, when the client login the first
time, the response time was incredible slow and many times in some
places of the applications when the data was stored in the session
beans.

So, I changue the major of session bean for application bean (when was
possible). I think that you need search for the number of beans and
try to use the logic. ¿How many beans do you use for one single
client? ¿What happen if you have 100 users in the system?

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Jan-Kees van
Andel<jankeesvanandel@gmail.com> wrote:
> You might be able to upgrade to WAS 6.1, which supports Java 5. This
> may be a less big hurdle for your company/client than upgrading a full
> major release.
>
> /JK
>

> 2009/7/20 Kito Mann <kito.mann@virtua.com>:
>> Hello Shasi,
>>
>> Honestly, looking at your stack, I think you could gain the biggest
>> performance boost by either switching to JDK 1.5 or upgrading to WAS 7.0
>> (which I'm sure isn't a trivial task politically).
>>
>> Upgrading to Facelets is a great long-term move, especially since JSF 2.0
>> includes Facelets. It's pretty painless, especially if you're using the JSPX
>> syntax (which most people don't use). However, using Tiles complicates the
>> process, and it's certainly not something I would try with a larger app at
>> the last minute.
>>
>> So, read the articles I mentioned, follow the advice on this list in order
>> to find and eliminate bottlenecks, and try upgrading your JDK.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Shasi Mitra Yarram <shasimitra@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi - This is my configuration
>>> 1.JSF1.1