myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Matt Cooper <mcoo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tr:inputFile with panelGroupLayout
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:40:39 GMT
Is the message supposed to be generated automatically or are you queuing the
message yourself?  If inputFile doesn't know to give such an error message,
it might just be logging an exception and what you are seeing is expected
behavior.  Hopefully someone that uses inputFile can comment further if this
is an issue with automatic queuing.

Regards,
Matt

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Anuj Patel <anuj.argusoft@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Matt,
> Here under is the generated source after I have tried uploading file which
> is beyond allowable size;

> As you see in there, the value of inputFileImg::msg is missing.  Also, may
> be the id for panelGroupLayout is missing with the message component?
> So, may be neither did the message get assigned to the correct component
> nor did the message get generated at all?
>
> -Anuj
>

> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Matt Cooper <mcooper@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Anuj,
>>
>> Your test page seems to be okay.  In your first email, there is this
>> style:
>>
>> display:none
>>
>> Perhaps either the faces message didn't get assigned to the inputFile
>> component or maybe the inputFile doesn't know how to render when faces
>> messages are associated with it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Matt
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Anuj Patel <anuj.argusoft@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Matt,
>>> Attached is the page I created to reproduce this problem.  I haven't used
>>> any other component library nor is there any custom HTML on the page.  Yet,
>>> the problem is easily reproduced.
>>> If you find something fishy in the code, then please feel free to point
>>> it out.
>>>
>>> -Anuj

that

 When