myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Anuj Patel <anuj.argus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tr:inputFile with panelGroupLayout
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:07:42 GMT
Hey Matt,
Here under is the generated source after I have tried uploading file which
is beyond allowable size;

class="OraInlineErrorText"></span></td>

As you see in there, the value of inputFileImg::msg is missing.  Also, may
be the id for panelGroupLayout is missing with the message component?
So, may be neither did the message get assigned to the correct component nor
did the message get generated at all?

-Anuj

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Matt Cooper <mcooper@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Anuj,
>
> Your test page seems to be okay.  In your first email, there is this style:
>
> display:none
>
> Perhaps either the faces message didn't get assigned to the inputFile
> component or maybe the inputFile doesn't know how to render when faces
> messages are associated with it?
>
> Regards,
> Matt
>

> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Anuj Patel <anuj.argusoft@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Matt,
>> Attached is the page I created to reproduce this problem.  I haven't used
>> any other component library nor is there any custom HTML on the page.  Yet,
>> the problem is easily reproduced.
>> If you find something fishy in the code, then please feel free to point it
>> out.
>>
>> -Anuj
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Matt Cooper <mcooper@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The behavior described sounds like there might be some invalid HTML on
>>> the page.  If you have any other component libraries or any custom HTML in
>>> this page, I would recommend trying to remove them temporarily to isolate
>>> the problem.  If certain pieces of the page are not showing up but their
>>> content is present in the raw page source, this is typically caused by
>>> mismatching start/end elements.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Matt

I do