myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Kito Mann <kito.m...@virtua.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues with JSF
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:27:03 GMT
Hello Shashi,

A couple more recommendations:

* Follow Dan Allen's suggestions in these articles:
http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/speed_up_your_jsf_app_1.html and
http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/speed_up_your_jsf_app_2.html. Often, as
someone else suggested, the problem is placing time-consuming code inside of
getter methods that are referenced via the EL.

* Time different parts of the life cycle -- this will verify whether or not
the problem is really in the Restore View phase. You can do this by writing
a simple PhaseListener or using something like PrimeFaces' FacesTrace (
http://primefaces.prime.com.tr/en/).

Which application server and OS are you using?
---
Kito D. Mann -- Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://twitter.com/kito99  http://twitter.com/jsfcentral
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
+1 203-404-4848 x3