myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Kuhn, Harald" <HK...@airplus.com>
Subject RE: [Trinidad] how to handle redirets for PPR requests on session time out
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:03:31 GMT
Hi Samba,

I’m not really sure if XmlResponseWriter would do more than your suggestion in this case.
Maybe it writes some additional state or java script.

I would suggest to first implement the solution using XmlResponseWriter und try to inspect
the generated XML-Response (i.e. using Firebug) and probably the response headers.
If there is no additional content in the response (or headers), your solution should work
as well.

Regards

  Harald

Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH · Hans-Böckler-Straße 7 · 63263 Neu-Isenburg · Germany
· Geschäftsführer: Patrick W. Diemer (Vorsitz), Klaus Busch · Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
Stephan Gemkow · Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Offenbach/Main, HRB 8119

From: Samba [mailto:saasira@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:19 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [Trinidad] how to handle redirets for PPR requests on session time out

Harald, I just realized that the XmlResponseWriter you referrred to is from trinidad jars;
We are actually having a centralized valve at tomcat level that does the redirection.

 We would want that piece of code to be independent of any dependencies on any of the UI frameworks.

 Is it possible to write some thing like:

     final boolean isPartialRequest =  "true".equals(req.getHeader("Tr-XHR-Message"));

     response.setContentType("text/xml");

    PrintWriterout = response.getWriter();

    if (isPartialRequest) {

    out.println("<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>");

    out.println("<?Tr-XHR-Response-Type ?>\n");

    out.println("<redirect>");

    out.println("</pageURL>");

    out.println("</redirect>");

    out.close();