myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Shaun Campbell <campbell.sh...@gmail.com>
Subject Accessing multi level data from within my backing bean.
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:21:50 GMT
I have a scenario which I would have thought would have been
straightforward.  I have a backing bean which provides a list of data which
I am able to display to my web page using:

                       <h:dataTable value="#{jobsBean.jobs}" var="job"
                                     styleClass="jobs" cellspacing="0"
cellpadding="0" border="0"
                                     rowClasses="odd,even"
columnClasses="standardTable_Column,standardTable_Column,standardTable_Column,standardTable_Column,standardTable_Column,standardTable_Column">

This all works fine but what I want to do now is do the same thing from the
job variable to print out a sub list for each job.  My job class has a
getOps() method which returns another list which I want to display.  No
matter what I try to do to access this list I get an error.

I haven't defined my job class as a backing bean in faces-config.xml but
then again I can't think how I could reference a backing bean from my
variable job.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shaun