myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jacek Bilski <jacek.bil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content type of generated page
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 09:59:23 GMT
Hi,

OK, so I debugged some more, and here's what I've found.

MyFaces get content type it should prepare based on what browser sent in
it's "Accept" HTTP header. In my case that states in first place
"text/html". In HtmlRendererUtils class in method selectContentType
MyFaces try to match content types sent by browser with those it
supports. As it supports "text/html", that one is chosen.

On the other hand my every jspx file begins with those three lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

When I look in .java files generated based on my .jspx files I see, that
the first line is this:

response.setContentType("text/xml;charset=UTF-8");

If I add "<jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>"
somewhere, then browser gets content type as "text/html".

So my two questions:

1. Is there a method to force MyFaces to use "text/xml" (or some other)
content type?

2. How it is possible, in the first place, that MyFaces use one content
type, and then whole page is sent with different content type? Whose
error is that? Because I assume that situation should never happen, and
I'm going to file a bug report, but I don't have idea yet who should get it.

Regards

Jacek Bilski