myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mamallan Uthaman <mamallan.utha...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [trinidad] wap: response more than 250K
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 20:12:01 GMT
Hi Dave,

With respect to mobile browsers, Trinidad sends a JavaScript file in its
response only if the requesting mobile-browser supports JavaScript.
Nokia S60's browser is a Webkit browser, Safari. To optimally use S60
browser's features like JavaScript and CSS, Trinidad sends a style sheet
and a JavaScript file in its response for S60's requests.

You can observe that Trinidad considers Nokia S40 browser as a basic
HTML browser (No JavaScript support). Thus, no JavaScript file is sent
in Trinidad's response for S40's requests.

If you find the performance of S60's browser, Safari, not acceptable due
to JavaScript, then please raise a JIRA issue to turn off the JavaScript
feature for S60. JavaScript file will not be sent to S60 in Trinidad's
response if the JavaScript feature is turned off for S60.

Thanks
Mamallan