myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Belem <>
Subject Re: exception with extval - JSF1054 RENDER_RESPONSE 6
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:49:49 GMT

Hi Gerhard,

ok, you're right... the #{userBean.loginUserName} declaration in my jsp
templates seem to be causing this, however, I don't see why this issue is no
more relevant when tomcat was restarted again... couldn't it be a caching
(Tomcat started from console or out of eclipse, it's no difference, I need
to restart tomcat for a good running application.)

I try to resolve this userBean-issue first... traced it back to jasper /
el-api ... perhaps my project is missing something. More on monday.

Have a nice weekend and thank you very much for your support!

Gerhard Petracek wrote:
> hi belem,
> it doesn't look like an extval issue. extval is just the first point where
> you see the issue.
> the stacktrace contains:
> org.apache.jasper.el.JspPropertyNotFoundException:
> /myapp/templates/Login.jsp(20,56) '#{userBean.loginUserName}' Target
> Unreachable, identifier 'userBean' resolved to null
> that's an issue in any case.
> as you can see it happens at:
> org.apache.jasper.el.JspValueExpression.getType(
>        at
> com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicInputRenderer.getConvertedValue(
> regards,
> gerhard

Sent from the MyFaces - Users mailing list archive at

View raw message