myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Belem <lissa...@online.de>
Subject Re: exception with extval - JSF1054 RENDER_RESPONSE 6
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:04:00 GMT

Hi Gerhard,

before I applied your provided code, I debugged and set a breakpoint at the
root of my exception and I found:
The exception has it's origin one line above.
DefaultELHelper.java:201
 ValueBindingExpression valueBindingExpression =
getValueBindingExpression(uiComponent, false);

getValueBindingExpression(uiComponent, false) returns null

here are two variables:
valueBindingExpression	null

facesContext	FacesContextImpl  (id=196)
	application	ApplicationImpl  (id=216)
	componentMessageLists	null
	elContext	ELContextImpl  (id=219)
	externalContext	ExternalContextImpl  (id=222)
	lastRk	ExtValRenderKit  (id=225)
	lastRkId	"HTML_BASIC" (id=228)
	released	false
	renderResponse	true
	responseComplete	false
	responseStream	null
	responseWriter	HtmlResponseWriter  (id=229)
	rkFactory	ExtValRenderKitFactory  (id=236)
	viewRoot	UIViewRoot  (id=182)
		afterPhase	null
		attributes	UIComponentBase$AttributesMap  (id=239)
		attributesThatAreSet	ArrayList<E>  (id=240)
		beforeMethodException	false
		beforePhase	null
		bindings	null
		children	UIComponentBase$ChildrenList  (id=241)
		clientId	null
		events	null
		facets	null
		id	"j_id_jsp_333505498_0" (id=243)
		isUIComponentBase	true
		isUIComponentBaseIsSet	false
		lastId	20
		listeners	null
		locale	Locale  (id=244)
		parent	null
		pdMap	HashMap<K,V>  (id=246)
		phaseListenerIterator	null
		phaseListeners	null
		rendered	true
		renderedSet	false
		rendererType	null
		renderKitId	"HTML_BASIC" (id=228)
		skipPhase	false
		transientFlag	false
		values	null
		values	null
		viewId	"/myapp/templates/Layout.jsp" (id=247)

Then I applied your code into the StartupListener and the application opens
the requested resource (jsp/jsf file) but further actions on this resource
(like a login button) result in another exception. BTW, I have another
resource, a contact page, that also displays only if a cleaned tomcat is
started twice. This contact site doesn't display any uicomponents in
contrast to the jsp-resource I mentioned before (the one with login button,
let's call it login-page) with the applied code in the StartupListener.

This other exception (by pressing the login button on login-page) starts
with:
JSF1054: (Phase ID: PROCESS_VALIDATIONS 3, View ID:
/myapp/templates/Layout.jsp) Exception thrown during phase execution:
javax.faces.event.PhaseEvent[source=com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl@17a1686]
10.07.2009 12:44:59 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke

Do you want the stack trace of this one too?

If there are variable' values I could attach of the original or the actual
exception cause, please tell me.

Thanks,
Belem