myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Shasi Mitra Yarram <shasimi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues with JSF
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:27:36 GMT
Hi - This is my configuration
1.JSF1.1
2.MyFaces 1.1.6
3.Tomahawk 1.1.8
4.IBM Websphere Server 6.0
5.Ajax4JSF1.1
6.JDK1.4
Somebody mentioned that using jsp as page description slows down performance. Instead use
Facelets. Can you tell what he meant?
Also our application has 447 jsp pages. We are using struts-tiles. If we want to convert to
facelets how much time it'll take for the entire conversion , as its time for us to freeze
the code. Is it easy to incorporate those changes?

Thanks,
Shasi

--- On Sat, 18/7/09, Kito Mann <kito.mann@virtua.com> wrote:

From: Kito Mann <kito.mann@virtua.com>
Subject: Re: Performance issues with JSF
To: "Shasi Mitra Yarram" <shasimitra@yahoo.com>, "MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>
Date: Saturday, 18 July, 2009, 7:47 PM

Hello Sashi,

Ok, but which version? I'm asking because I had a client that switched from WAS 7.0 on AS/400
to 7.0 on Linux and saw some major performance improvements.
---
Kito D. Mann -- Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://twitter.com/kito99  http://twitter.com/jsfcentral
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
+1 203-404-4848 x3