myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: exception with extval - JSF1054 RENDER_RESPONSE 6
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 18:27:35 GMT
hi matthias,

some details are available at [1].

furthermore, we started [2].
there you can find an example [3] which works with a patched icefaces
version (just an additional constructor for D2DRenderKit).
anyway, there are also workarounds for some issues (to avoid a patched
icefaces version) - it depends e.g. on the jsf impl.

as you can see ted is also member of the google code project. so i hope we
will have the icefaces fixes quite soon.
we (myfaces) can just provide workarounds, because icefaces has to fix some
parts...
(the el-resolver issue will be solved as soon as icefaces is compatible with
jsf 2.0. hopefully, they will also patch the version for jsf 1.2).

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://jira.icefaces.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa
[2] http://code.google.com/p/sandbox890/
[3]
http://code.google.com/p/sandbox890/source/browse/#svn/trunk/examples/icefaces_extval/example_01

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces



2009/7/9 Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Gerhard
> Petracek<gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi belem,
> >
> > icefaces has some issues here (also issues with myfaces-core).
> > (i'm already in contact with the icefaces team. they have to fix some of
> the
> > issues - also in respect of jsf 2.0 compatibility)
>
> what exactly ?
>
> >
> > the interesting part is that the answer depends on the jsf-impl.
> > are you using myfaces-core or mojarra? (please also provide the version)
> >
> > regards,
> > gerhard
> >
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JSF powerhouse -
> > JSF Consulting, Development and
> > Courses in English and German
> >
> > Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
> >
> >
> >
> > 2009/7/9 Belem <lissabon@online.de>
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I built an application with MyFaces, Tomahawk and Icefaces.
> >> Started in Tomcat the first time the console alerts:
> >>
> >> JSF1054: (Phase ID: RENDER_RESPONSE 6, View ID:
> >> /myapp/templates/Layout.jsp)
> >> Exception thrown during phase execution:
> >>
> >>
> javax.faces.event.PhaseEvent[source=com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl@bf1a4a
> ]
> >>
> >>
> >> After restarting Tomcat all is fine and the pages are displayed
> perfectly.
> >>
> >>
> >> I've following lib's:
> >>  myfaces-extval-core-1.2.2.jar
> >>  myfaces-extval-property-validation-1.2.2.jar
> >>  tomahawk12-1.1.8.jar
> >>  icefaces-comps.jar, Implementation-Version: 1.8.0_12 (2009-04-01 20:34
> >> MDT)
> >>
> >> The Stack trace I got is following:
> >>
> >> javax.servlet.ServletException: error at binding:
> >> #{userBean.loginUserName}
> >> -- an el-resolver error occurred! maybe you used an invalid binding.
> >> otherwise: please report the issue, deactivate the el-resovler of extval
> >> via
> >> web.xml context-param:
> >> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.DEACTIVATE_EL_RESOLVER and test
> >> again.
> >>        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:277)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:535)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:472)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.MyAppServlet.includeLayoutTemplate(MyAppServlet.java:155)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.MyAppServlet.processDocumentRequest(MyAppServlet.java:134)
> >>        at
> >> de.belemapps.myapp.MyAppServlet.processRequest(MyAppServlet.java:113)
> >>        at de.belemapps.myapp.MyAppServlet.doGet(MyAppServlet.java:225)
> >>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
> >>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.filter.AuthorizationFilter.doFilter(AuthorizationFilter.java:159)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.filter.EditServerFilter.upcall(EditServerFilter.java:60)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.filter.ServerFilterBase.handleRequest(ServerFilterBase.java:139)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.filter.ServerFilterBase.doFilter(ServerFilterBase.java:75)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
> >>        at
> >>
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
> >>        at
> >> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
> >>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> >> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: error at binding:
> >> #{userBean.loginUserName} -- an el-resolver error occurred! maybe you
> used
> >> an invalid binding. otherwise: please report the issue, deactivate the
> >> el-resovler of extval via web.xml context-param:
> >> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.DEACTIVATE_EL_RESOLVER and test
> >> again.
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.el.DefaultELHelper.getPropertyDetailsOfValueBinding(DefaultELHelper.java:181)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.metadata.extractor.DefaultComponentMetaDataExtractor.extract(DefaultComponentMetaDataExtractor.java:85)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.util.ExtValUtils$1.extract(ExtValUtils.java:188)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.interceptor.ValidationInterceptor.initComponent(ValidationInterceptor.java:77)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.interceptor.ValidationInterceptor.beforeEncodeBegin(ValidationInterceptor.java:56)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValRendererWrapper.encodeBegin(ExtValRendererWrapper.java:208)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeBegin(UIComponentBase.java:813)
> >>        at
> >> javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:928)
> >>        at javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:148)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValRendererProxy.encodeChildren(ExtValRendererProxy.java:131)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValLazyRendererProxy.encodeChildren(ExtValLazyRendererProxy.java:75)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValRendererWrapper.encodeChildren(ExtValRendererWrapper.java:327)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:837)
> >>        at
> >> javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:930)
> >>        at
> >> javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:933)
> >>        at
> >> javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:933)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.doRenderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:266)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:197)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderView(D2DViewHandler.java:145)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderView(D2DViewHandler.java:145)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:110)
> >>        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:100)
> >>        at
> >> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
> >>        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:266)
> >>        ... 31 more
> >> Caused by: org.apache.jasper.el.JspPropertyNotFoundException:
> >> /myapp/templates/Login.jsp(20,56) '#{userBean.loginUserName}' Target
> >> Unreachable, identifier 'userBean' resolved to null
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.jasper.el.JspValueExpression.setValue(JspValueExpression.java:91)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.el.DefaultELHelper.getPropertyDetailsOfValueBinding(DefaultELHelper.java:177)
> >>        ... 54 more
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Following the advice, I modified my web.xml and added following:
> >>
> >> <context-param>
> >>
> >>
>  <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.DEACTIVATE_EL_RESOLVER
> >>  </param-name>
> >>  <param-value>true</param-value>
> >> </context-param>
> >>
> >> Also, I created a StartupListener class (extending
> >> AbstractStartupListener)
> >> implementing the init method:
> >>
> >> @Override
> >> protected void init()
> >> {
> >>  ExtValContext.getContext().addGlobalProperty(ExtValRendererProxy.KEY,
> >>      null);
> >> }
> >>
> >> This one, I registered in faces-config.xml:
> >>
> >> <lifecycle>
> >> <phase-listener>
> >>        de.belemapps.myapp.filter.jsf.MyStartupListener
> >>    </phase-listener>
> >> </lifecycle>
> >>
> >>
> >> After cleaning Tomcat before the new deployment, the new stack trace is
> >> following:
> >>
> >> javax.servlet.ServletException
> >>        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:277)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:535)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:472)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.MyAppServlet.includeLayoutTemplate(MyAppServlet.java:144)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.MyAppServlet.processDocumentRequest(MyAppServlet.java:123)
> >>        at
> >> de.belemapps.myapp.MyAppServlet.processRequest(MyAppServlet.java:102)
> >>        at de.belemapps.myapp.MyAppServlet.doGet(MyAppServlet.java:214)
> >>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
> >>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.filter.AuthorizationFilter.doFilter(AuthorizationFilter.java:160)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.filter.EditServerFilter.upcall(EditServerFilter.java:68)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.filter.ServerFilterBase.handleRequest(ServerFilterBase.java:139)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> de.belemapps.myapp.filter.ServerFilterBase.doFilter(ServerFilterBase.java:75)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
> >>        at
> >>
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
> >>        at
> >> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
> >>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> >> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.el.DefaultELHelper.getPropertyDetailsViaReflectionFallback(DefaultELHelper.java:202)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.el.DefaultELHelper.getPropertyDetailsOfValueBinding(DefaultELHelper.java:160)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.metadata.extractor.DefaultComponentMetaDataExtractor.extract(DefaultComponentMetaDataExtractor.java:85)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.util.ExtValUtils$1.extract(ExtValUtils.java:188)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.interceptor.ValidationInterceptor.initComponent(ValidationInterceptor.java:77)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.interceptor.ValidationInterceptor.beforeEncodeBegin(ValidationInterceptor.java:56)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValRendererWrapper.encodeBegin(ExtValRendererWrapper.java:208)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeBegin(UIComponentBase.java:813)
> >>        at
> >> javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:928)
> >>        at javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:148)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValLazyRendererProxy.encodeChildren(ExtValLazyRendererProxy.java:75)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValRendererWrapper.encodeChildren(ExtValRendererWrapper.java:327)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:837)
> >>        at
> >> javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:930)
> >>        at
> >> javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:933)
> >>        at
> >> javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:933)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.doRenderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:266)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:197)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderView(D2DViewHandler.java:145)
> >>        at
> >>
> >>
> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:110)
> >>        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:100)
> >>        at
> >> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
> >>        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:266)
> >>        ... 31 more
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> I also tried new libraries with no effect, having the same exceptions as
> >> above:
> >>  myfaces-extval-core-1.2.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
> >>  myfaces-extval-property-validation-1.2.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
> >>
> >> Was my proceeding correct or should I revert web.xml and
> faces-config.xml
> >> to
> >> my original state before my changes mentioned above?
> >> Could someone please help me solving this exception?
> >> If there's something useful I could also attach, just tell me.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Belem
> >> --
> >> View this message in context:
> >>
> http://www.nabble.com/exception-with-extval---JSF1054-RENDER_RESPONSE-6-tp24409424p24409424.html
> >> Sent from the MyFaces - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Matthias Wessendorf
>
> blog: http://matthiaswessendorf.wordpress.com/
> sessions: http://www.slideshare.net/mwessendorf
> twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf
>

Mime
View raw message