myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Shasi Mitra Yarram <shasimi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Performance issues with JSF
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:56:50 GMT
Hi All - We have built a J2EE application with JSF (MyFaces, Ajax4JSF) ,Spring and IBatis.
What we find is, each of the screen takes lot of time to load. We find no performance issue
with Spring or Ibatis (after verifying via JProfiler). Jprofiler shows the JVM memory is occupied
b JSF objects. I found that the screen loading is taking time for two reasons.
1.The JSF screens (which has cook menu) take time to load.
2.The overall screen painting in the browser takes time to load.
Our JSF screens are not too complicated and even the simplest screen takes time to load. Note
that each of the screens always loads JSCookMenu. We visited apache site for tuning JSF. As
per their suggestion we did the following
1. We set the State saving mechanism as server side.
2. Serialization of session objects was set to false.
3. Compression of objects was set to false.
4. Streaming Add Resource and t:documentHead were added.
But none of these improved the performance.
The overall screen takes time and I'm wondering if we should do effective caching of images,CSS
and js files. I visited plenty of websites and tried to move all these client specific files
under the <head> tag, loaded the images via CSS but nothing helps. We have high capacity
machines and I dont think desktop config is playing a role.
We thought the problem could be bcos of network traffic or slow performance of underlying
platform websphere server. We checked other application running in the same envrironment and
they are extremely fast. The only difference b/n our application and the other is JSF.
I'm short of solutions. Any valuable input will be greatly appreciated.

      See the Web&#39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo!
Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/