myfaces-users mailing list archives

From JavaRunner <randomno...@bellsouth.net>
Subject JSF EL Problem
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 19:31:16 GMT

Can anyone solve this?
I have an expression that looks like this:
#{backingBean.someproperty[linkBean.arg1]} which causes an EL parsing error.
I've tried some variations such as:
#{backingBean.someproperty[#{linkBean.arg1}]} and
#{backingBean[linkBean.arg1].someproperty}. These cause parsing errors also.
I've verified that both backingBean.someproperty and linkBean.arg1 have
valid values.
These expressions in part implement a link as in <h:commandLink... on a
master list which grabs the current datatable row and renders the row
details on the next page - or at least it's supposed to!
What am i missing here?
Help appreciated.