myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting started Version 1.2.6 vs version 1.1.6
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 07:51:07 GMT
anthony@berglas.org schrieb:
> There are two versions to download on the website, 1.2.6 and 1.1.6.
>
> And then the getting started blank.war in <http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/myfaces/binaries/tomahawk-examples-1.1.8-bin.zip>tomahawk-examples-1.1.8-bin.zip
 seems to have 1.1.6.

> What is the difference between these versions?  Not documented anywhere.
>
> If the Myfaces numbers relate to JSF numbers, then is it important to start with 1.2.6?
 Should I upgrade the tomahawk example?  What else needs to change?

Myfaces Core 1.2.x --> JSF1.2
Myfaces Core 1.1.x --> JSF1.1

See:
   http://myfaces.apache.org/download.html

You should use JSF1.2 if possible.

Tomahawk also has different releases for JSF1.1 and JSF1.2, but instead
of a different version number, we use different maven artifact ids (for
technical reasons). The artifacts are:
  tomahawk-1.1.6
  tomahawk12-1.1.6

Regards,
Simon
--
-- Emails in "mixed" posting style will be ignored
-- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)