myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Bilodeau <gbilod...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Orchestra] Presence / absence of conversation?
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:35:31 GMT

Thank you Simon for your detailed answer!

I've spent the last few months using Seam and I now realize that the term
"conversation" has a totally different meaning in Orchestra, as you
explained.  The documentation does explain it clearly, I suppose initially I
went through it too quickly and assumed it was working like Seam.  A
step-by-step tutorial using common use cases would greatly help in making
all this more clear though.

The conversation.access scope seems like a great way to implement flash
scope and that would especially useful for storing messages that need to
survive a redirect.  Is there a common replacement for FacesContext.messages
and h:messages that uses this scope?

Cheers,
GB