myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kito Mann <kito.m...@virtua.com>
Subject [ORCHESTRA] Running on RAD 7 with WAS 6.1
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 03:38:36 GMT
So, I managed to get Orchestra 1.3 to run on RAD 7.0 with WAS 6.1. I had to
make an interesting change -- I had to manually add the
OrchestraFacesContext to the JSF config file:

    <factory>

<faces-context-factory>org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.lib.jsf.OrchestraFacesContextFactory</faces-context-factory>

    </factory>

even though it's already in the faces-config.xml file included in the
Orchestra JAR file. Strangely, RequestParameterFacesContextFactory was
loading just fine, but OrchestraFacesContextFactory wasn't loading at all.
I'm guessing this might be a weird quirk of the IBM JSF implementation
(which is technically a heavily modified version of the 1.0 version of the
RI).

Now that I've gotten it to run, let's see what happens when we try to really
use its features...

---
Kito D. Mann -- Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://twitter.com/kito99
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
+1 203-404-4848 x3

Mime
View raw message