myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Denis Krukovsky" <dkrukov...@gmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad] Timezones - date picker popup shows a day before
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:03:10 GMT
Hi, we're having problems with Trinidad date picker popup. Our server
has timezone set as US Eastern time GMT-5. The server is queried from
a workstation with timezone set to Central European time GMT+1. Date
field is OK, but when its date picker pops up, the date selected there
is input date field value - 1 day.

This behavior gets fixed when we edit trinidad-config.xml and include
<time-zone>Etc/GMT-5</time-zone> (server timezone) there.
Unfortunately trinidad-config modification is not an option because
servers and timezones will change. I tried to supply inputDate
component with custom converter which returns server timezone from
getTimeZone() and getFormattingTimeZone(...) which doesn't help.

I also noted that in both cases - (1) no modification to
trinidad-config and the bug is there, and (2) trinidad-config modified
and bug gets fixed - the Trinidad date picker popup is being requested
with equal request string containing something like
/app/__ADFv__.jsf?_afPfm=-79d68df7&_t=cd&value=1231891200000&loc=en-US&enc=UTF-8",
i. e. the value parameter is same for both cases but datepicker gets
rendered differently.

This behavior is there with Trinidad 1.0.7 and 1.0.10 .

So is it a bug and does somebody knows a way to get it fixed? Thanks!

Denis.