myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Madhav Bhargava <Madhav_Bharg...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Using Ajax with MyFaces
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:03:25 GMT
Shashi wrote:

>Hi all,

>I'm using myfaces 1.1.6, tomahawk-1.1.8, tiles with jdk 1.4.

>I've a page which has three data tables. I want the data in the two tables to be populated
after the page loads.Can i do it using AJAX. I am new to >AJAX. Or is there any component
in Sandbox for this requirement.

>Already i'm facing lot of problems cos i'm trying to use trinidad for breadcrumb which
i could not resolve yet. If i include rich faces now, I'm scared >I'll have incompatibility
issues. My aim is to populate one table(which is a web service call) automatically after the
page loads. That too without any >client interaction. Please help as we have very less
time for development.

Your requirement is not clear. You can always pre-populate a backing bean which is associated
to the page and then transfer control to that page.
Alternatively you can call a javascript on page load and then issue an AJAX submit. Put the
data table in a4j:outputPanel. When the page is refreshed the data table will then have the
data that you desire.

Regards,

Infosys e-mail system.