myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Pawel.Czerwin...@anicasystem.com.pl
Subject RE: Can tomahawk be used without myfaces
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:36:21 GMT
I was a little fast, when I was sending you my response. After I had sent
it I've noticed that you are using 1.1 version of JSF RI and that due to
java 1.4 you cannot switch to newer implementation, which in fact we are
using. Currently we use JSF RI 1.2_09 and Tomahawk 1.1.7 - 1.1.8.

Greetings
Pawel

Madhav Bhargava <Madhav_Bhargava@infosys.com> wrote on 2008-11-24
11:41:45:

> Hi Pawel,
>
> What was the version of tomahawk and Sun RI libraries that you used?
>
> Thanks,
>
> >Hi,
> >Although I'm not able to help you with websphere deployment, I can
> assure you that generally speaking, YES, it is >possible to run
> Tomahawk without Myfaces implementation of JSF. In our projects we
> were forced to switch to RI >implementation due to buggy myfaces
> libraries, but we didn't want to drop Tomahawk extensions and we went >
> successful. The difference is, that we use Tomcat 6.x instead of
websphere.

> >Greetings
> >Pawel
>

> Madhav Bhargava <Madhav_Bhargava@infosys.com> wrote on 2008-11-24
11:19:27:

> > Hi Anton,
> > Unfortunately we are using Sun RI 1.1 implementation (as we are
> > still stuck with JDK 1.4.2). The matrix does not have any entry for
> > the same which will reveal its compatibility with tomahawk.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > > Look on this page
> > > http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/CompatibilityMatrix
> >
> > > Hope it will help
> >
> > 2008/11/24 Madhav Bhargava <Madhav_Bhargava@infosys.com>:
> > > Hi All,
> > >

> > > I am using the following JSF jars provided as part of websphere 6.0
server
> > > lib:
> > >

> > > Jsf-api.jar - present in AppServer/lib
> > >
> > > Ws-jsf.jar - present in AppServer/lib
> > >
> > > jsf-ibm.jar - present in WEB-INF/lib
> > >

> > > Since the JSF RI provided by Sun and IBM do not have inherent
support for
> > > Tiles I thought of using Tomahawk JspTilesViewHandlerImpl. So I
included
> > > tomahawk 1.1.5 binary in the WEB-INF/lib
> > >

> > > I changed the faces-config.xml to have <view-handler> point to
> > > org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl
> > >

> > > Since I was still not using any of the tomahawk components I did
> not include
> > > the extensionFilter
(org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter) in
> > > web.xml.
> > >

> > > When I tried deploying my application it gave an exception whose
> stack trace
> > > is attached with this mail. The same exception was thrown even after
I had
> > > configured extensionFilter in web.xml
> > >

> > > Can tomahawk (1.1.5 or 1.1.6) be used with the JSF RI provided as
part of
> > > Sun and IBM? In other words can tomahawk be used without using
myfaces as
> > > the RI? Ideally it should but I have noticed that in the JSF
> world of today
> > > things are far from ideal.
> > >

> > > Any help would really be appreciated.
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Madhav

> > > This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
> intended solely
> > > for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient,
> > > please
> > > notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.
Further, you