myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Luhtala Santeri <Santeri.Luht...@profitsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Running into NullPointerException when running Myfaces + tiles on WebSphere 6.0
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:33:16 GMT
Have you tried to make a custom classloader and attach the Shared libraries(that contain the
MyFafes jars) to that.
That was the only way I could make the WAS installation work. (WAS 6.1)

-----Original Message-----
From: Madhav Bhargava [mailto:Madhav_Bhargava@infosys.com]
Sent: 19. marraskuuta 2008 15:42
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Running into NullPointerException when running Myfaces + tiles on WebSphere 6.0

Hi All,

I am using Myfaces 1.1.5, tomahawk 1.1.5, struts-tiles, ajax4jsf on Websphere 6.0 and i am
running into an exception (stack trace is attached with this mail)

I have already gone through the link http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Websphere_Installation
and done loads of googling but nothing seems to resolve the problem.

Setting PARENT_LAST on Class Loader option at MODULE level does not solve the problem. Webshere
still picks up the Sun RI jars (jsf-api.jar and ws-jsf.jar) that are bundled along with Websphere
6.0.

We cannot remove these jars because we have a shared production environment and there are
other applications that are using the RI implementation instead of myfaces.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. It is too late in the project too move to facelets
:(.
If this problem cannot be solved then please suggest some alternate templating frameworks
which will work well with JSF.

Regards,
Madhav

Infosys e-mail system.