myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomase...@tecnotp.it>
Subject Re: Dynamic ID with el not working
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:08:06 GMT
Hi Piercarlo,
    there is a dirty trick with Facelets: it evaluates the EL for any ID
only the first time - while the tag tree is evaluated and components are
created if needed (there is a component cache idea behind this concept).
This occurs during the "apply" deep scan (view building at render time).
Someone call it  "Facelets compilation" - but in my opinion this is
misleading.
At the same time it's somewhat misleading that tag libraries
documentation usually reports "supports EL ? no" for the component ID
attribute (e.i. Trinidad).
Having said that - there is a simple trick with Facelets to force
recreation of any component ID whenever necessary: get the component
parent through the "binding" attribute, then clean its children when
needed, something like "boundParent.getChildren().clear()".
This way at rendering time the view creation will build the target
component again - and Facelets will ask the bean to provide (possibly
new) EL parameters.
This applies to any case when we deal with so-called "compile-time"
parameters (e.i. c:forEach loop is another good example).
Hope it helps,

-- Renzo Tomaselli