myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Paul Mander <paul.s.man...@gmail.com>
Subject [TRINIDAD] converter and validator against same component
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:31:32 GMT

Hi,

I'm looking to combine a tr:convertNumber and a tr:validateRegExp against
the same inputText component. I have a requirement to validate that a user
has not entered more than a fixed number of decimal places. I can do this
with a validateRegExp but I need the convertNumber to be inplace so that it
converts the text to a number and it also specifies the pattern I need.

Defining a converter and validator inside the tr:inputText seems to work in
that the client side validation and convertion both fire and give their
respective errors, however the text doesn't get converted to a number
serverside and so I get an error.

Can anyone think of a solution to this that doesn't invokes writing code in
pagebeans to process the string > number conversion.

Paul