myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Richard Yee <richard.k....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Urgent help Need :- Error while serving resource: calendar.HtmlCalendarRenderer/DB/drop1.gif, message : null
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:53:16 GMT
There is a Jira issue filed for the  secure/insecure problem you
describe. I think there is also a patch available. Another workaround
is to have the user change the browser settings to allow mixed content.

-R

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 28, 2008, at 3:40 AM, Mali123 <malithsm@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
>  thz for the quick reply, im using IE,  when i click the calender
> button
> i'm getting this stack trace and security information alert "Page
> Contains
> Secure / Non-Secure Items",i can ignore the stack trace as u mention
> way but
> how can get rid of that alert,is there any possble way to stop that
> alert
> when clicking the claender button, my client using the IE so he need
> disable this alert, pls help
>
> Mali
>

> Simon Kitching wrote:
>>
>> Are you using Internet Explorer as the client?
>>
>> I found that IE has the very ugly habit when dealing with a page that
>> references the same resource multiple times. When a page has:
>>  foo.gif
>>  foo.gif
>> then ie sends two requests to the server concurrently (stupid,
>> stupid).
>> Worse, when one of the requests completes, then it just closes the
>> other
>> socket immediately. This is completely wrong behaviour; with http,
>> only
>> the server should close the socket.
>>
>> So the server is writing the response out the socket, and suddenly
>> finds
>> that the socket has been closed by the other end. It rightly
>> complains
>> because the other end should not be doing that.
>>
>> The real solution is to use a sane browser. Otherwise, just configure
>> your logging to ignore ERROR messages from category
>> "org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource". It
>> doesn't
>> actually cause any serious problems on the server.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>>
>> Mali123 schrieb:
>>> hi,
>>>  i'm using the my-faces-tomahawk-1.3,I've got this stack trace
>>> repeatedly
>>> in my jsf aplication logs. I use the tomahawk calendar component. I
>>> couldn't
>>> find the solution anywhere. Could you please help me to solve it?
>>> Here is
>>> the stack trace:
>>>
>>> 008-10-28 14:06:52,730 ERROR
>>> [org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource] Error
>>> while
>>> serving resource: calendar.HtmlCalendarRenderer/DB/drop1.gif,
>>> message :
>>> null
>>> ClientAbortException:  javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has
>>> been
>>> shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.net.SocketException:
>>> Connection
>>> reset
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:
>>> 358)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(ByteChunk.java:434)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:
>>> 309)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.close(OutputBuffer.java:
>>> 273)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.
>>> connector.CoyoteOutputStream.close(CoyoteOutputStream.java:104)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> myfaces.
>>> renderkit.
>>> html.
>>> util.
>>> MyFacesResourceLoader.writeResource(MyFacesResourceLoader.java:172)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> myfaces.
>>> renderkit.
>>> html.
>>> util.
>>> MyFacesResourceLoader.serveResource(MyFacesResourceLoader.java:151)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> myfaces.
>>> renderkit.
>>> html.util.DefaultAddResource.serveResource(DefaultAddResource.java:
>>> 558)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> myfaces.
>>> webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:125)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.
>>> core.
>>> ApplicationFilterChain.
>>> internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.
>>> core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
>>> 206)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> jboss.
>>> web.
>>> tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.
>>> core.
>>> ApplicationFilterChain.
>>> internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.
>>> core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
>>> 206)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.
>>> core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.
>>> core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> jboss.
>>> web.
>>> tomcat.
>>> security.
>>> SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.
>>> authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> jboss.
>>> web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:
>>> 84)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:420)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:
>>> 543)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
>>> 109)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
>>> 241)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
>>> 844)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
>>> $Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:580)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:
>>> 447)
>>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown:
>>> javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.net.SocketException: Connection
>>> reset
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.checkEOF(SSLSocketImpl.java:
>>> 1239)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.
>>> net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.checkWrite(SSLSocketImpl.java:
>>> 1251)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.
>>> net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(AppOutputStream.java:43)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalOutputBuffer
>>> $OutputStreamOutputBuffer.doWrite(InternalOutputBuffer.java:764)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> coyote.
>>> http11.
>>> filters.IdentityOutputFilter.doWrite(IdentityOutputFilter.java:118)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> coyote.
>>> http11.InternalOutputBuffer.doWrite(InternalOutputBuffer.java:570)
>>>        at org.apache.coyote.Response.doWrite(Response.java:560)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:
>>> 353)
>>>        ... 28 more
>>> Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.net.SocketException:
>>> Connection
>>> reset
>>>        at
>>> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:190)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:
>>> 1591)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:
>>> 1554)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.
>>> net.
>>> ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleException(SSLSocketImpl.java:
>>> 1518)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.
>>> net.
>>> ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleException(SSLSocketImpl.java:
>>> 1463)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.
>>> net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(AppOutputStream.java:64)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> coyote.
>>> http11.InternalOutputBuffer.commit(InternalOutputBuffer.java:595)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.action(Http11Processor.java:
>>> 936)
>>>        at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:183)
>>>        at org.apache.coyote.Response.sendHeaders(Response.java:379)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:
>>> 305)
>>>        ... 26 more
>>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
>>>        at
>>> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:96)
>>>        at
>>> java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.
>>> net.ssl.internal.ssl.OutputRecord.writeBuffer(OutputRecord.java:295)
>>>        at
>>> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.OutputRecord.write(OutputRecord.java:
>>> 284)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.
>>> net.
>>> ssl.
>>> internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecordInternal(SSLSocketImpl.java:
>>> 734)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.
>>> net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:
>>> 722)
>>>        at
>>> com.
>>> sun.
>>> net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(AppOutputStream.java:59)
>>>        ... 31 more
>>> 2008-10-28 14:06:52,736 ERROR
>>> [org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter] Exception wile
>>> retrieving addResource
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.
> [...]
>>> org.
>>> apache.
>>> catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
>>> 109)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
>>> 241)
>>>        at
>>> org.
>>> apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
>>> 844)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
>>> $Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:580)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:
>>> 447)
>>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/
>>> bp].[default]]
>>> Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception