myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Döring Markus <Markus.Doer...@tcc-products.de>
Subject AW: [Trinidad] selectOrderShuttle-How: Determine inactive vs. active list at server?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:40:42 GMT
You have two "lists":
one containing all elements (the List of the selectItems, I always use <f:selectItems value="#{someHashMap}"
/> so the list of select items is someHashMap.values)
one containing all selected elements (<tr:selectOrderShuttle value="#{someArray}" >)

You can now check all items from the hashmap if they are in the array and if not, the item
belongs to the "not selected" (or inactive as you said) list.

Regards
Markus

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gregg Leichtman [mailto:gsl1@erols.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 24. Oktober 2008 14:19
An: MyFaces Discussion
Betreff: [Trinidad] selectOrderShuttle-How: Determine inactive vs. active list at server?

At the server end are there API calls that will allow me to easily determine which items are
in the inactive list and which items are in the active list for a shuttle?

Or do I have to follow this from the beginning of a user session by capturing the initial
state at the beginning of the session and then updating my own state at the server within
a value change event to keep track of which is which?

When I debug at the server, I find only a single list, not two separate lists.

                                                -=> Gregg <=-