myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multi file upload component
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:41:49 GMT
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
> As Matthias noted, the HTML fileupload component only supports one file. And
> there is absolutely no way to implement file-uploading in plain html without
> this component.
>
> I would guess that they use DHTML to dynamically add multiple copies of the
> html fileupload control to the page. And probably use javascript to scan the

correct. Like gmail does as well (the "Attach another file" link);
Isn't that hard to implement that using ajax (ppr requests) and JSF.

> filename property and reset the component if the filename doesn't match the
> filter criteria. I'm sure there is some fairly ugly javascript behind all
> that...

True, a reset, like inputFileElement.value = null; isn't possible at
all (due to security).
What we do in ADF is doing a reset, by removing the complete html
element and re-create it
(with same attribute values, expect for the "value" attribute)

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf