myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multi file upload component
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:24:13 GMT
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Adrian Mitev
<adrian.mitev@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Or maybe richfaces fileupload -
> http://livedemo.exadel.com/richfaces-demo/richfaces/fileUpload.jsf

nope; same problematic.
Imagine you want to upload 1,000 pictures (all in one folder).
So, you now have to open that native browser window 1000 times.

An applet (or flash) actually allows you to select all these files,
with one "click".
This is only possible with non-html solutions, like flash/applets;

what richfaces does is nice, but can be implemented with Tomahawk (or Trinidad)
as well.

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf