myfaces-users mailing list archives

From laredotornado <laredotorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: panelGrid is eating my SPAN
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:59:03 GMT

Thanks for this suggestion.  Unfortunately when I insert the "<f:verbatim>"
tags around my span, making it look like:

                                                                <h:panelGrid
id="secondRow" columns="2" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0">

<f:verbatim></f:verbatim>

<h:panelGrid columns="4" id="featureControls" width="66%" cellpadding="0"
cellspacing="0" border="0">

<h:commandButton type="button" value="Add Feature"
onClick="location='BLS.jsf';"

styleClass="npsButton" onmouseover="hoverGridButton(this)"

onmouseout="unhoverGridButton(this)"/>

<h:commandButton type="button" value="Remove" onClick="deleteFeature()"

styleClass="npsButton" onmouseover="hoverGridButton(this)"

onmouseout="unhoverGridButton(this)"/>

<h:commandButton value="Apply" action="#{ConfigFeaturesPage.saveFeatures}"

styleClass="npsButton" onmouseover="hoverGridButton(this)"

onmouseout="unhoverGridButton(this)"/>

<h:commandButton value="Cancel" onClick="cancelEdit()"

styleClass="npsButton" onmouseover="hoverGridButton(this)"

onmouseout="unhoverGridButton(this)"/>

</h:panelGrid>

</h:panelGrid>

I get a 500 server error, with stack trace as follows:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Client-id : _idJsp12 is duplicated in the
faces tree. Component : featureForm:_idJsp12, path: {Component-Path :
[Class: org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewRoot,ViewId:
/jsp/ConfigFeatures.jsp][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id:
featureForm][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid,Id:
_idJsp9][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid,Id:
secondRow][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid,Id:
featureControls][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlCommandButton,Id:
_idJsp12]}
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.checkForDuplicateIds(JspStateManagerImpl.java:329)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.checkForDuplicateIds(JspStateManagerImpl.java:341)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.checkForDuplicateIds(JspStateManagerImpl.java:341)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.checkForDuplicateIds(JspStateManagerImpl.java:341)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.checkForDuplicateIds(JspStateManagerImpl.java:338)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.checkForDuplicateIds(JspStateManagerImpl.java:341)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.saveSerializedView(JspStateManagerImpl.java:286)
        at
org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxStateManager.saveSerializedView(AjaxStateManager.java:90)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.taglib.core.ViewTag.doAfterBody(ViewTag.java:125)
        at
jsp_servlet._jsp.__configfeatures._jspService(__configfeatures.java:323)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:525)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:261)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:419)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:211)
        at
org.ajax4jsf.framework.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:108)
        at
org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:233)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:41)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:132)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:140)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:100)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:147)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
        at
com.comcast.nps.im.plugin.NPSIMIntercepter.doFilter(NPSIMIntercepter.java:136)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3229)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2002)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1908)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1362)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)