myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Wuttke <wutt...@lu.unisi.ch>
Subject Re: Where are the Core examples?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:02:38 GMT

On Sep 25, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Simon Kitching wrote:

Thanks for the fast response!

> Jochen Wuttke schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>

> You can find the source code for the examples here:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/examples/

Thanks, I'll check this out.

>> I tried to work around those missing examples by installing the SUN
>> RI
>> examples, in the way that is also discussed on the page. But those
>> examples don't work unless I use Sun's implementation of JSF, which
>> as
>> I understand it is not what the "Getting started" page says.
> The sun examples will work with MyFaces. That's the whole point of
> JSF.

I was expecting that, but since the instructions require me to copy
some JARs from the MyFaces examples to WEB-INF/lib I could only guess
which ones they are and copied all of the JARS in the MyFaces Core
binary distribution.

Plus, the link to the adjusted web XML does not work. But I guess what
needs to be adjusted are the classnames in the _demo applications_
web.xml?

Jochen