myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MyFaces shared version question
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:15:53 GMT
Simon Lessard schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> How does shared version numbering works? Is it 2.0.x for 1.1 and 3.0.x
> for 1.2 or something completely different? Also, as a related question
> should 2.0 branch use its own version of shared?
Yep.

2.0.x for JSF-1.1, kept here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/shared/trunk/

3.0.x for JSF-1.2, kept here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/shared/trunk_3.0.x/

As far as I remember, the main reason for the split is to support
java1.5 generics etc. I don't initially see any reason why JSF2.0 would
need to have its own version of shared, and if you can avoid branching
the code then that will make life easier for maintenance. So I would
suggest staying with the existing 3.0.x line unless you run up against
something that makes that impossible.

Regards,
Simon