myfaces-users mailing list archives

From laredotornado <laredotorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Global error page question
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:03:07 GMT

Thanks for your reply.  So am I reading that I should not be following the
JSF instructions on the wiki page?  Since I already embarked on that path,
I'll ask another question.  Right now, when the error page is getting
invoked, the JSF is not getting rendered -- i.e what is sent to my browser
is exactly the JSF code:

<f:subview id="error"
    xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
    xmlns:t="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk"
    xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">

<head>
        <title>NPS Config GUI - Error</title>
        </head>
        <h:form>
           :
           : set up the normal view
           :
           <h:outputText styleClass="infoMessage" escape="false"
value="#{ErrorDisplay.infoMessage}" />
           <t:htmlTag value="br" />
           <h:inputTextarea style="width: 99%;" rows="10" readonly="true"
value="#{ErrorDisplay.stackTrace}" />
           :
           : more view stuff
           :
        </h:form>
</f:subview>

Below is my web.xml file, error definition is at the end:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
         version="2.4">

        <filter>

        <filter-name>SSOFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.comcast.nps.im.plugin.NPSIMIntercepter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>filter_conf_file</param-name>

<param-value>/export/third-party/etsbea/application_conf/wls_9.2.2/nps_config_gui_conf/nps_im_plugIn.properties</param-value>
        </init-param>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>SSOFilter</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

  <!-- Faces Servlet
       Marty Hall: changed .jsf back to standard of .faces -->
  <servlet>
     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
     <servlet-name>Log4JServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.comcast.npsconfig.servlet.Log4JServlet</servlet-class>
     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
        <description>
        </description>
        <display-name>
        LoginSuccessServlet</display-name>
        <servlet-name>LoginSuccessServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>

com.comcast.npsconfig.jsf.controllers.LoginSuccessServlet</servlet-class>
     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
     <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>LoginSuccessServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/LoginSuccessServlet</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>Log4JServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/refresh</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

   <filter>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
        <param-value>20m</param-value>
    </init-param>
        </filter>
<!-- extension mapping for adding <script/>, <link/>, and other resource
tags to JSF-pages  -->
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <!-- servlet-name must match the name of your
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet entry -->
</filter-mapping>

<!-- extension mapping for serving page-independent resources (javascript,
stylesheets, images, etc.)  -->
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

        <!-- global error page. -->
        <error-page>
                <error-code>500</error-code>
                <location>/jsp/ErrorDisplay.jsf</location>
        </error-page>

</web-app>

Thanks, - Dave