myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Niklas <co...@dniklas.de>
Subject statesaving - memory consumption
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 15:21:51 GMT

Hi,

i am using server-side state saving (because the environment is a portal). I
noticed a high memory consumption for the view state, or exacting for the
history of old view states. Now i have some questions on this:

1)
Is view state history *only* for "back-Button" of the browser?

2)
There is a (Weak/Soft) ReferenceMap for old view states. Theses instances
comes into old generation memory. I think, the garbage collector must often
clean up these objects. Is this an optimal behavior?

I'm using myfaces 1.1.5. Here the old views are hold with soft references.
Is this working? I found an issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1658.

In 1.1.6 the ReferenceMap holds only weak values and keys. Why that?

Best regards
Daniel