myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Leonardo Uribe" <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error using facelets with Myfaces
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:13:14 GMT
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Alexandre CorrĂȘa Barbosa <
alexandre.correa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've been trying to configure facelets to use with myfaces 1.2.3. I'm able
> to render a simple page, but when checking the log, I see these errors:
>
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,236 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
> j_id0
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,241 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id0
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,245 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
> j_id0
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,249 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
> component j_id0
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,253 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
> j_id1
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,257 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id1
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,257 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
> j_id1
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,258 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
> component j_id1
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,258 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
> j_id2
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,259 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id2
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,259 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
> j_id2
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,259 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
> component j_id2
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,260 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
> j_id3
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,260 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id3
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,261 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
> j_id3
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,261 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
> component j_id3
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,262 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
> j_id4
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,262 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id4
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,262 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
> j_id4
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,263 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
> component j_id4
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,263 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
> j_id5
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,264 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id5
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,264 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
> j_id5
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,264 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
> component j_id5
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,265 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
> j_id6
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,265 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id6
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,265 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
> j_id6
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,266 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
> component j_id6
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,266 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
> j_id7
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,267 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id7
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,267 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
> j_id7
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,267 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
> component j_id7
> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,268 TRACE [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils] View
> after rendering
> ========================================
> <UIViewRoot id="NULL" afterPhaseListener="NULL" beforePhaseListener="NULL"
> facetCount="0" family="javax.faces.ViewRoot" locale="pt_BR"
> renderKitId="HTML_BASIC" rendered="true" rendererType="NULL"
> rendersChildren="false" transient="false"
> viewId="/layout/layoutTemplate.xhtml">
>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id0"
> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771851" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
> transient="true"/>
>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id1"
> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f77185e" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
> transient="true"/>
>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id2"
> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771878" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
> transient="true"/>
>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id3"
> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771812" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
> transient="true"/>
>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id4"
> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771878_1" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
> transient="true"/>
>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id5"
> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f77180c" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
> transient="true"/>
>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id6"
> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771878_2" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
> transient="true"/>
>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id7"
> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f77185e_1" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
> transient="true"/>
> </UIViewRoot>
> ========================================
>
>
> By what I've understood, myfaces can't retrieve the properties from the
> facelets components. Below is the page I'm loading:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
> <html
>     xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>     xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
>     xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
>     xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" >
>
> <f:view contentType="text/html" >
> <head>
>     <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
>
>     <title>Main page</title>
> </head>
>
>
> <body>
>     <div id="header">
>         <table id="headerTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0 ">
>             <tr>
>                 <td align="left">Project Title</td>
>                 <td align="right">Participants</td>
>             </tr>
>         </table>
>     </div>
>
>     <ui:insert name="menu">
>         <div id="menu">
>         </div>
>     </ui:insert>
>
>     <div id="content">
>         <ui:insert name="mainContent">
>             Main Page
>         </ui:insert>
>     </div>
>
>     <div id="footer">
>         Mail to support in case of problems
>     </div>
> </body>
>
> </f:view>
> </html>
>
>
> I'm using JBoss 4.2.2. Does someone has a hint on what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Alexandre
>
> --
> Alexandre CorrĂȘa Barbosa
> http://log4dev.com - Blog para computeiros
> http://job4dev.com - Procurando emprego?
>

Hi

Have you tried to use myfaces maven archetypes? There is an archetype that
has myfaces + facelets already configured.

try this:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://myfaces.apache.org

then it ask for groupId, artifactId, version and packageName and that's all.

to run just

mvn clean jetty:run

and look localhost:8080

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Mime
View raw message